Audio-over-IP (AoIP) has rapidly become a recognised method of transporting high-quality multichannel audio in many applications; whether they be in broadcast, commercial audio, fixed installations or live sound.
One audio networking format that has been significantly adopted on a global scale is Dante™ from Audinate. The Bel BM-A1-64DANTE AoIP confidence monitor has been designed to provide an effective and intuitive way of monitoring the audio present on such Dante-based networks. AES67 compliance also allows the BM-A1-64DANTE to operate in any other compatible AoIP network, with the ability to monitor both Dante and AES67 streams simulteneously.
The BM-A1-64DANTE is also compliant with Audinate’s Dante Domain Manager network management system for larger Dante networks. Dante Domain Manager (DDM) is a server-based application that enables best IT practice to be applied to Dante audio networked systems, enabling a significantly greater degree of control, security, scalability and monitoring over non-DDM based networks.
The BM-A1-64DANTE can be configured to monitor up to 64 channels and with Dante Receiver Channel names being automatically displayed, configuration and operation is fast and completely intuitive.
Two modes of monitoring are available to the operator, Single channel and Multi-Channel.
Single channel monitoring enables the operator to simply scroll through each available channel in order to monitor it (with the channel name being displayed on the front panel). This for example is ideal for monitoring wireless mic systems.
Multi-mode operation enables any combination of channels to be monitored simultaneously, with user presets available to enable commonly used configurations to be instantly recalled at the press of a button.
The BM-A1-64DANTE also provides visual indication of channel signal strength for up to 64 channels enabling ‘at-a-glance’ confirmation of audio presence.
All audio routed to the front speakers is also available as balanced analogue (2 x XLR) and AES/EBU (1 x XLR) outputs on the rear panel. A headphone output is present on the front panel. The internal speakers are automatically muted when headphones are connected.
The BM-A1-64DANTE offers full audio redundancy over a Gigabit Ethernet network and also features redundant power supplies as standard.
- Dante(TM) and AES67 AoIP confidence monitor, in a sturdy and compact 1U chassis
- Dante Domain Manager Ready (‘DDM-Ready’)
- Monitors up to 64 channels at 48 kHz
- 44.1 to 96 kHz operation
- Monitors Dante & AES67 streams simultaneously
- Automatic display of Dante Receiver Channel Names
- Onboard matrix enables access to 512 audio sources using Dante Controller software
- Configure user-definted mixes of multiple channels, or monitor individual channels
- LED signal level indication of all 64 channels
- Full audio redundancy over a Gigabit Ethernet network
- Balanced analogue and AES/EBU breakouts of selected monitor sources for connection to external speakers or other external devices
- Redundant PSU as standard
Please note: Product is second hand – product may have some cosmetic wear & tear but is technically sound and operational